Brazosport High School and Freeport Intermediate School
Summer Strength and Conditioning Information
The health and safety of our athletes and coaches are our number one priority. Please read the following information carefully. If you have questions, please email Mark Kanipes, Brazosport Campus Coordinator, at Mark.Kanipes@brazosportisd.net or your student-athlete’s coach.
Workouts will begin, as per the University Interscholastic League, on June 8th and will run Monday-Friday this summer.
What is mandatory?
- You must let us know if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone that has.
- You must complete and turn in the Pre-Screening Form before you can participate.
- Click on the form here: Athlete Pre-Screening Form
- Must have a physical on file with BISD.
- All incoming 7th graders must bring their physical with them to Brazosport High School on their first day.
- Any other athlete that DID NOT participate in BISD athletics last year, must also bring a physical on the first day of summer camp.
- Bring your own water jug (plastic bottles, thermos, milk jug, etc.) everyday. We can not provide water bottles.
- Temperatures will be checked at least once a week. If an athletes temperature is over 99.8, they’ll be sent home and go through the COVID-19 protocol.
What is suggested?
- Bring a face mask or any other face covering with you to use while in the weight room being spotted or spotting others.
- Shower immediately when you get home. Locker room and shower facilities will NOT be accessible.
- Print and complete the pre-screening form PRIOR to your arrival at the screening/check-in areas at the tennis courts to speed up the process if possible.
BISD will provide:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at every location where students are working out.
- Equipment will be cleaned/sanitized between student use.
- Water will be provided to REFILL personal containers before, during, and after workouts.
(All BPHS/FIS Summer Strength Camp Activities will be at Brazosport HS or Hopper Field)
- 7:40am-8:00am – Student-athletes will check in and be pre-screened at the Brazosport HS Tennis Courts. If any student-athlete is experiencing symptomes of COVID-19 or has a temperature over 99.8, they will be sent home.
- 8:00am-10:00am – Strength and Conditioning workout
- 10:00am-11:00am – Sport Specific Training with Coaches